Insurance & Company Policy
YEG Edmonton Movers is the Best Choice for a Safe Move
YEG Movers is the best choice for a safe, efficient move. We understand the importance of protecting your belongings during the entire process. That’s why we offer comprehensive insurance options and valuation coverage to ensure that your items are safeguarded against any unforeseen events.
Our team is well-versed in the intricacies of insurance claims and will guide you through the process with professionalism and expertise. We track claims for all of our employees. Whether you opt for released value protection or full-value protection, we will work closely with you to determine the best coverage for your specific needs. With YEG Edmonton Movers, you can have peace of mind knowing that your possessions are well-protected and that we have your best interests in mind every step of the way. Choose us for a safe and secure move that puts your belongings first.
What is Valuation Protection?
Valuation Coverage is when a moving company estimates a weight of a shipment based of the description of the job, and the coverage offered is based on the valuation plan selected.
To make it simple, a standard 3 bedroom house is estimated to be 9,000 pounds. Based of the estimated weight of the homes belongings – a standard coverage is included in every move.
You do have the option to purchase a higher valuation coverage. We offer a Silver Coverage Plan, & Golden Coverage Plan
Terms and Conditions
YEG Edmonton Movers LTD. will not be held liable under any circumstances under the following circumstances:
- Due to the fragile nature of these materials, we do not cover breakage to improperly packed glass, ceramics, particle board or plants. If fragile mirrors, glass goods, plants, or flat screen TVs are not professionally packed then no claims will be entertained for such items.
- YEG Movers LTD is not responsible for damages that occurred as a result of packing and unpacking by customers.
- YEG Movers LTD is not responsible for the staining of mattresses that are not bagged.
- YEG Movers LTD are not responsible for boxes that are open, not labeled, items placed on the truck by a customer, art pieces and bags of money or things that are unique/irreplaceable.
- YEG Movers LTD is responsible for a maximum of 60 cents per pound for damaged goods.
- YEG Movers LTD is not liable for the customer’s failure to provide adequate facilities (including, but not limited to: a lack of lighting, a lack of elevators, obstructive facilities or walkways including protruding walls or ceilings or sharp items, slippery surfaces or spills, over-sized items in relation to undersized facilities provided by the customer).
- Customers are required to inspect all items while being unloaded; any damages need to be notified to the movers for inspection immediately. No claims will be entertained once movers leave after delivery.
- The full bill must be paid in full in order for any claims to be considered.
- Failure to pay will result in three times the reimbursement plus legal fees.
- Damage to the mechanical, electronic, or other operations of televisions, radios, stereos, clocks, appliances, musical instruments, any other electronic equipment irrespective of who packed or unpacked such articles.
- Damage to any kind of press-board/particleboard/waterboard furniture or to veneer/lacquer finished of furniture or wicker furniture. Any damage to customers’ contents caused by changes in temperature, humidity or weather conditions.
- Damage to driveways or phone/internet/hydro lines when asked to drive past the curb line.
Perishable foods, plants or loss or injury of pets.
- Should the entire shipment be damaged, the value declared on the Bill of Lading shall be the total amount settled for a claim less the amount of the relocation and applicable deductible.